Saturday, March 10, 2007

Burrell complains about contacts

Last season Pat Burrell struck out a whopping 131 times. What’s more shocking is the number of times he went down on called third strikes. That led to rampant rumors that Burrell wasn’t seeing the ball. This season after a sub par mandatory spring training vision exam a team doctor suggested that contact lenses could help Burrell.

Pat disagrees. "They don't help me," he whined. "They weren't doing anything. I could understand if I went to the trainer and said I'm not seeing stuff, but they don't help."

Observing from afar it seems that Pat’s biggest problem doesn’t involve eyesight but an over sized ego. Its hard to believe that the contacts don’t allow Burrell to see better. If I were a professional athlete I would want to get every legal advantage that I could get. Pat doesn’t see the contact situation or the baseball the same way.

Sources:
Burrell struggles with contacts
By Marcus Hayes / Philadelphia Inquirer


Notes: Burrell wearing contacts
By Ken Mandel / MLB.com


Picture of Pat Burrell from Reading Eagle

2 comments:

klkatz said...

this is funny... considering we've been complaining about Burrell's lack of contact for years...

icarus236 said...

Hopefully he uses that thing that lies in between his ears and puts on the contacts.